Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My life over the past month

It's been a long time since I've posted!  A lot of things have happened in the past little bit and I've been trying to just keep up with my own life!  

First of all, I got a job.  I had 2 weeks to find something before Paul would start school and reduce his work time to 2 days per week.  Wednesday at 5pm I applied for a job on craigslist.  At 6pm I got a reply back asking if I could come in for an interview!  On Thursday I interviewed (it went SO WELL!), and on Friday morning I was offered the job!  I am a receptionist for the Idaho Falls Dental Group.  (For those of you in the area, it's the dental office in the mall across from Old Navy.)  I knew my interview rocked, but I couldn't believe out of the 50 applications received, they chose to hire ME!  Awesome.  

One problem.  I had to start on Monday.  And I had no daycare set up.
Hmmmmmmm.....

After one VERY stressful day, I found a small daycare that could take both of the boys and wouldn't charge me an arm and a leg.  It's still expensive though!


Hayden cleaning his tray.  Even with the biting and scratching at daycare, I can't help but fall in love with this little boy!
Hayden has had a hard time adjusting to daycare.  He doesn't like to eat in public, and there are very few foods he'll eat.  He's been sitting at the table and waiting for everyone else to eat and get down before he will eat his lunch.  He also scratched, pushed,and bit the other kids his first day at daycare.  If they wouldn't do what he wanted, he reverted to scratching.  We're working on getting him to use his words!

Taylor has been doing really well.  I had been breastfeeding him and wanted to continue, so that means a lot of pumping.  Not the most fun activity to do (especially at a new job), but it's great for protection against all of the germs at daycare.  Hayden and Taylor have already got a cold and stomach virus, and guess who handled it better?  Taylor!  I totally believe in the protection that breastfeeding provides from germs.  Hayden was nursed for about 2 months.  Taylor is at 3 now!  

One more thing---I need to brag about my husband.  Paul has been playing "stay at home daddy" this week. He usually gets off hours before me and picks up the kids.  When I get home, the house is clean, dishes done, dinner is being worked on, and the kids are behaving.  He's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment