Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Ikea Purchase!

Remember when I told everyone I had received a $100 gift card from Ikea for using my Ikea Family Card?  I asked my friends on Facebook what I should get with the card.  Well, we actually went to Ikea and bought something, but I couldn't tell anyone what it was!  Here's the big reveal:


The Sundvik Crib in Gray/Brown.  The crib retails for $119 and with tax it came to $127.  That means we paid $27 for it!  I was surprised by how sturdy the Ikea cribs are.  Everyone has only good things to say about them!  In person, the crib  is gorgeous!  I personally think that we're having another boy (which would be nice because we could use all of Hayden's clothes for the baby in the same seasons he used them.  YES!).  Paul thinks we're having a girl.  (Same as last time!)  This crib is great because it's perfect for a boy, but I think it could suit a little girl very well!  I can totally see a gorgeous, soft coral pink and soft turquoise with it, or a sort of mustardy yellow.  Let me show you what I mean:


Here's the yellow:




I'm in love with the yellow curtains and crib.  Not in love with her accessories!  This picture is from  the blog "Chezerbey".  


Here's some coral/turquoise action:  


I like this Moroccan stencil, but I think I would want it to be bigger.  Also, I would want more of a turquoise than this blue color.  


Refreshing.  Visit the creator's blog here.  
If baby #2 is a girl, I'd probably go with a watered down version of this picture and the previous.  What does everyone think?  Comments.  Please, lol.  


Also...I don't know what I would do for the nursery if we had a boy.  Are there any pictures of nurseries you've seen and loved?  I would love for you to share them with me!  Let the planning commence.  

1 comment:

  1. I, too, have an Ikea crib that Ferris used and now Milo is in. I like that you can use a regular crib mattress and sheets with it. And there's no moving parts! Have fun decorating!

    ReplyDelete