Saturday, July 21, 2012

Upcoming Adventures

So this is a crazy post for me to write, but the Kirby family is going through a lot of changes this year!  For one, I've decided to quit the Mary Kay business.  It's been such a fun adventure and I've made a lot of friends through it, but it's time.  With all of our upcoming events, I know that my business will be put on the back burner and will be neglected.  


Secondly, I'm going to be going back to school in September!  I'm taking two classes online through BYU Independent Study to finish my degree.  When all is said and done, I'll graduate from Brigham Young University-Idaho with my Bachelor of Science degree in English with an Emphasis on Professional Writing, and a Minor in Child Development.  WHEW!  That's a lot.  I can't wait for it to be over---my education has been drawn on waaaaay too long!  Another thing to cross off my list.  


The biggest change we'll be making will be happening around Valentine's Day...Hayden will be a big brother!  I am 9 weeks, 6 days.  I have been hiding my morning sickness from friends, fellow church members, and family now for some time... SURPRISE!  




This pregnancy kind of feels like deja vu for us.  We found out we were pregnant with Hayden June 9th, 2010, and he was to be due February 12th, 2011.  With this baby, we found out we were pregnant on June 20th, and he is expected February 14th, 2013.  WEIRD.  We couldn't have PLANNED it this way!  I'm guessing baby will be early (Hayden himself arrived Jan 31st--almost 2 weeks early), so there is a possibility they COULD share a birthday.  Winters are just awesome for our family!  Paul's birthday is 11/5, then there's Thanksgiving, Christmas, my birthday (12/30), New Years, Hayden's birthday, and then the baby's. All within 2 months.  I swear we don't plan things this way! 


I did go have an ultrasound today, but they didn't give me a picture of the baby.  LAME, I know.  My doctor sent me to this place because he doesn't do ultrasounds in his office.  This place is not really equipped for pregnancy ultrasounds.  They are a breast cancer type of facility, so they do a lot of mammograms and things.  It was super awkward and the technician almost forgot to actually show me the baby, and take the baby's heart rate.  I love my doctor, so I'll be talking to him about going somewhere else for ultrasounds.  I was not impressed.  So anyways, that's why I don't have a picture for you. 







3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Congratulations!!!!! That is very good news!
    Hugs,
    Sami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We're nervous about TWO kids and how that all works!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete