Monday, January 27, 2014

This was SOOOO necessary!

Ok...it was time for this.  I FINALLY got a new camera!  

And not just any camera...I got a DSLR--the Canon Rebel t3!  I so needed this.  My old camera was just a Nikon point and shoot.  Remember when Ashton Kutcher was doing ads for Nikon?  Yeah, that's how long ago I bought my camera.  And I bought it for that reason--Ashton was pitching them!  


That little camera was good to me-I got it my first semester of college and it survived 4+ years.  Looking at it the other day, I realized how much I abused it!  The body was badly dinged and covered in who knows what (the result of just carrying it around in my purse and backpack without putting it in a case first).  The hinged flap that enclosed the SD card and battery was broken meaning whenever I used it, I had to hold it closed with one finger.

Classy.


Then there was the matter of the horrible pictures it took.  Dark back grounds, blurry faces....I was done.  

So there's the story of the need for a new camera.  The blog posts from now on will contain GLORIOUS pictures!  I'm still learning how to use my DSLR, so if you have any tips, let me know!!

(And of course a special thank you to Mike & Bonnie Kirby, Joe & Angela Vossenkuhl, and the Idaho Falls Dental Group for making this purchase possible!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment