Saturday, October 29, 2011

Crawling, Cords, and Colorado

Yesterday, Mandy asked me if Hayden had started crawling yet.  He's been army crawling for a while now, but didn't really get up on his hands and knees.  I realized that I had never blogged this momentous occasion (or even posted it to facebook).  Soooooo...I found some pictures on my camera (big surprise...) from September showing Hayden beginning to crawl.

Gaining some courage to get up on all fours.

Hayden's muscles were really getting strong.  When He did this, I knew he was ready for crawling.  

He looked back at me as if to say Ummmmm...I'm not too sure about this mom.  Are you sure I'm old enough to do this?

Annnnnd here's the little drooler crawling.  He looks proud!
Ok, so once Hayden learned to crawl, he started pulling himself up on objects.  When he got to the 2nd shelf on our bookcase, he started giggling!  I looked over to see this:
Hayden looks like such a big boy, doesn't he?!?  He was just so proud.   


Ok, next topic.  Hayden now LOVES cords.  Electrical cords, rope, window blind cords.....loves them.  The cords on our windows are extremely long and need to be cut, but Hayden had never paid attention to them before.  That day, he wouldn't leave them alone!
I caught him in the act. 

Moving on.....we spent the past few days in Colorado with our friends Jake, Rachel, and little Mary Beckstead.  Other than the horribly nauseating and painful migraine that I got, we had a great time.  I got to see Paul's old house in Parker (where Hayden is named after), visit Jake's parent's house, do some AMAZING shopping, and of course experience the pie at Village Inn.  (I recommend the cheesecake).  Anyways, I brought my camera with me but ended up not taking any pictures until the very last day we were with Jake and Rachel, so here are the few that I actually took.  
Obviously I need to make Hayden socialize with other babies more often.  Just being near Mary, he started crying.  If Mary made any sort of noise, Hayden cried.  Ridiculous! 
Still crying.

Hayden finally started to calm down once Mary decided to leave.

Here's a closeup of Miss Mary.  

Aaaaaaand a closeup of Mr. Hayden.  Ha ha...I think he was trying to eat my camera.

Mary took off.  She's a pretty good crawler and even pulls herself up on furniture.   Smart girl!


I LOVE his big eyes and button nose!

Hayden and Mary started to interact.  It was ok until Mary touched my knee and Hayden, again, lost it.  

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for lettin your ol buddy Sara know yall were in town. FAIL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry girl, we'll get together next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cutie and looking like a big boy! (Take care of those cords!)

    ReplyDelete