Monday, October 31, 2011

A Very Harry Potter Halloween!

Halloween marks the 1st anniversary of Paul and I owning our own home!  I now love this time of year.  I loe decorating, getting bags of candy ready for tricker treaters (last year we only had 4 and this year we have yet to have any ....and it's 9:40pm....), and watching HARRY POTTER!  I think this will be our new tradition.  We are calling it A Very Harry Potter Halloween.  Ok....so I made that up and Paul laughed at me.  A Harry Potter Marathon is perfect for Halloween though.  And even though we're only on the first movie and Paul has to go to bed by 10:30, we're having fun.  


Anywhoooooo...


Hayden has had a hard day today.  Poor fellah.  He wouldn't take a nap---he just screamed.  Very out of character for my little man.  I'm guessing he's teething and possibly has an ear infection.  We go to the doctor tomorrow for his NINE MONTH check up, so I'll have the doctor check everything out.  Because Hayden's been in a bad mood (and because all of our neighbors disappeared at about 6PM), we did not get to take him Trick or Treating tonight.  It just wouldn't have been fun for us or him.  I did, however, take a few pictures of him today.  


I was at the table doing some Halloween crafting and Hayden was crawling around on the floor.  All of a sudden I couldn't hear him anymore.  I looked all around the house for him and FINALLY found him...right under the table!  He had some how crawled under and inside of a chair and was chewing on a cord.  Of course.  

Under the table with his cord.

Yeah, it was fun trying to figure out how to get him out from under the chair.  He was so proud of himself though!
Did you catch what he's holding in his hand....?

My little duckie!  This was Maleeya's costume from last year.  It's a size NEWBORN.  And it fits.  

Look at his cute little duck bum!  It has a little tail!  So cute.

Fun with Grandma Kirby!  She got to hold Hayden for quite a while---even when he wasn't feeling good because his gums were bugging him.  She helped me calm him (the trick is a cocktail of baby Orajel, Tylenol, and something cold to chew on.  Does wonders.).  
Paul carvin' his pumpkin.

LOOK!  I actually got him to smile :)

I was really concentrating on drawing my design on my pumpkin here....yeah....

This isn't the greatest picture because we took it at night, but  my pumpkin is devouring a man's leg!  There is even fake blood all over the leg if you squint.

Paul's pumpkin was a WIFI signal.  HA HA....crack up.

I had to take a picture of my "Halloween Wall" of which I am immensely proud, ha ha.  All I can say is I want to thank all the little people at Cricut...they made this wall possible :)

1 comment:

  1. He is getting soooo big!! You can definitely see Paul in that little guy.

    Hugs,
    Sami

    ReplyDelete