Friday, January 14, 2011

Catching Up: FINALLY ENGAGED! OFFICIALLY!

In December, Paul and I planned a trip to West Yellowstone with two of our other friends, Andrew and Paul H.  We were staying at Paul H.'s parents timeshare and going snowmobiling.  I was really excited because it was going to be my first time snowmobiling...but I was also a little scared.  What if I fell off?!?

We got to West Yellowstone and it was like, 1 degree.  If that.  It was so chilly!  We pulled up to this gorgeous time share resort and I thought to myself I'm home.....



The view from our condo.




Annnnnnd another.

Gorgeous, right?!?  The snow was perfect, there were trees everywhere, and then of course the condos were awesome.

Even more awesome news, because I was the only girl on the trip, I got the master suite.  A huge room with a king size bed and my own bathroom.  Ahhhhh, it was amazing.


Andrew making....breakfast?


A view of the living room, dining room, and kitchen.
Everyone settled down in the living room with blankets and pillows and we were watching some movie on tv.  All of a sudden, the fire alarm went off!  I couldn't believe it.  Everyone in the whole place had to go outside in the freezing cold--and it had started snowing.  I went and sat in Paul's truck to try and stay warm while he and the other boys tried to go find out what had happened.  I got SOOO bored in the truck and got to thinking....what if Paul had my ring with him?  He hadn't proposed yet, and this vacation might be his plan to do so.  I decided to do a little sneaking around.  I found a little hidden compartment in his truck and, low and behold, there was a little Jensen Jewelry bag sitting right there with a box in it.  I was about to grab it when Paul opened the driver's door and said, NOOOOO!

Dang it.

I so just wanted my ring but Paul said No....not yet.  He said I would get it when I least expected it.  Why do boys make you wait?!?  




Finally we got to go back into our condo.  Apparently someone had a fire or tripped a fire alarm because the lobby ceiling was leaking gallons of water everywhere.  Great.  


When we got back to the condo, I went to the bathroom.  I opened the bathroom door to go find Paul and was shocked to see him kneeling there by the door.  I screamed!  I was so shocked!  He then asked, Will you marry me?  I was so surprised that he was asking me...and that I was standing in a bathroom...that I don't think I said anything to him.  I threw my arms around his neck and he asked me again if I would marry him.  I said Yes!  


Lucky Paul :)
And a happy ending for me:  I finally got my ring!
The next day was full of fun....and FREEZING temperatures!  To start off, we went snowmobiling.  I had never been so I was very nervous, but I ended up really liking it.  The one thing I wished we had done differently was remember my snow clothes.  Paul's grandma had lent me snow boots, good gloves, and the like.  Paul had an extra pair of snow pants that he was letting me use.  Unfortunately, we left them in my car back in Rexburg.  Dang it.  
Andrew, Paul and I getting ready to hit the snow!

Paul H. on his ride.
Everything was great at first.  I got used to the feeling of snowmobiling and was able to relax a little.  At one point we were driving through beautiful white hills lined with gorgeous, tall trees.  It was amazing!  Then the cold set in.  My jeans were definitely not keeping me warm, and my Isotoner driving gloves weren't helping either.  I told Paul that I was too cold and we had to go back (seriously, I couldn't feel my fingers).  Paul H. and Andrew were on the sled infront of us and, while we were driving back, ours died.  Apparently it had some sort of problem and would run fine until the gas got to 1/2 tank.  At that point, it would die.  Aaaaand that's exactly what it did.  Since Paul H. and Andrew were ahead of us, they didn't see us die.  I thought we were going to freeze there and die!  Luckily they are smart boys and, when they hadn't seen us for a while, they came back and were able to tow our sled back to town.  

Scary!!

When we got back to the condo, I went straight for the hot tub.  It helped a lot!  
The hot tub that brought the feeling back to my arms and legs!
Paul told me that he had planned to propose to me in a different way, but he was glad that he hadn't.  I asked him why and he gave me 2 reasons:  1)  I was too impatient to wait any longer, and 2) I would have said No.  I laughed and said, What are you talking about ?!?  Paul had planned to take me out snowmobiling somewhere kind of remote, and then pretend that the sled had died.  He would get off to check out the engine, and then ask me to come and help him.  He was then going to get down on one knee and propose.  I told him that was a good idea, but he was right...I was so cold I would have said No.  Ha ha, good thing Paul is smart!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment