Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Catching Up: Paul's 23rd Birthday

For Paul's birthday, his family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins) went to the temple and went through a session together.  Since I hadn't been endowed yet, the plan was for him to pick me up at his apartment after going to the temple and then to go to dinner with his family. 


I had a plan of my own, however!


With the help of my best roomate Chandra, and Paul's roomates, I planned a little surprise party for Paul!  Chandra and I snuck over to Paul's with cupcakes, decorations, and party favors.  


Me and Chandra---Twinners!


Paul's roomates--Sterling, Sean, Jill, Eric, and Paul. 


When we were finished, we had a marvelous Princess party all set up for Paul--including a cupcake tower, princess cutouts and window clings, and stick-on earrings, bracelets, and rings for the boys.

Awesome princess cupcakes!  They had Disney Princess sprinkles all over them.



 I don't think Paul was thrilled at first to see a princess table scape but.....
The fish in their vase...surrounded by a castle cutout.
he was a good sport and got into it.


I got Paul two really cool fish for his birthday.  I was sooo excited to give them to him.  I had been hiding them in my apartment for a few days, so I was excited for him to actually get them.  He failed to tell me, however, that later that night, the fish died.  Before I noticed, he raced out and bought identical fish so that I wouldn't find out.  One of the new fish, however, was missing an eye.  I thought that was strange because I hadn't noticed it before.  Later on, Paul would admit that he had bought new fish, and the only one left was missing an eye.  


After Paul's party, we went to New Fongs to have dinner with his family.  I was a little nervous to meet everybody, but They were so nice and a little crazy--just the way I like it!  Ha ha.  Meeting them set me at ease.  At this point, they didn't know that we were unofficially engaged.  It was a fun little secret to keep!

No comments:

Post a Comment