Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Catching Up: Ring Shopping

Alright, after getting *unofficially engaged*, I was so impatient to go ring shopping.  I looked around online to figure out what my favorite cut of diamond was.  It took me forEVER!  
Asscher





This was the ring that I designed on Blue Nile.  I wanted something that represented who I am.  There are so many beautiful rings out there...but that doesn't mean they are right.  I wanted something that was really simple and didn't distract from the diamond.  I also knew that I wanted a really unique cut.  I ended up liking the asscher cut because it's square (love the clean look) but a lil more special than a run-of-the-mill princess cut.  The asscher is cut so that you can see all the way down to the center, so every asscher has to be of amazing quality or else you'll see the flaws right away.  With a princess cut, you can get away with more flaws.  Check the pic:
Princess





Anyways, Paul and I picked a day to actually go ring shopping and I was SOOO excited.  I got up extra early so I could curl my hair all cute.  I even gave myself a manicure so that the ring would look awesome.  (I'm dumb, I know).  Paul showed up that day and knocked on the door.  I was so excited that I had been waiting at the door with my hand on the knob.  The second he knocked, I swung open the door and started giggling.  (Seriously, ask Paul).  


We shopped around town (Rexburg), at a few places, but I wasn't satisfied.  PS:  never go to Alpine Jewelers.  They were really impersonal and I felt like they were trying to push us out the door.  Weird, right?  We ended up going to Idaho Falls and settled on Jensen Jewelers.  They were awesome.  


At the end of the day, I was so happy to finally have found something that I liked.  They had to order my diamond because it's so specialized that they didn't have it in stock.  I didn't get to go home with a ring, but just knowing it was on it's way made me so excited. 
Paul and I way too excited after ring shopping!

Awwwwe, aren't we cute?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment